Secrets of Ayurvedic Massage
Secrets of Ayurvedic Massage - Artreya Smith
Secrets of Ayurvedic Massage is a practical manual for the Western massage therapist. However, it goes beyond an ordinary manual because it deeply penetrates the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force, Prana. Ayurveda is a system that treats individuals, and in accordance with these princples, this book explains how each type of person should be given an Ayurvedic massage. The author has spent many years living and studying in India with yogis, saints and Ayurvedic doctors. Within these pages the secrets of these extraordinary people will be revealed and explained in detail.
This book has the following points of interest:
- Provides a clear guide to the techniques of Ayurvedic massage
- Teaches the reader how to understand the individuality of the person they are working on
- Explains the subtle anatomy of Ayurveda, with a detailed explanation of the marma points and the nadi (meridian) system
- Presents a clear chart of marma location
- Explains the correct use of different oils and herbs as used in Ayurvedic massage
- Gives the qualities and energetic properties of massage oils according to Ayurveda
- Explains the difference of Abhyanga and Snehana massage
- Explains the fole of Vata and Prana in massage Provides clear examples of techniques through photos
- Outlines a full session
- Adapts traditional Ayurvedic methods for the modern massage therapist
Paperback, 180 p.